The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) would like to advise you that Fulton Hogan Seymour Whyte Joint Venture has been awarded the detailed design and construction contract for the Bruce Highway Upgrade – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway.
The project involves upgrading the Bruce Highway to six lanes between Caloundra Road and the Sunshine Motorway, including major upgrades to both interchanges and the delivery of a service road for local traffic on the western side of the highway between Steve Irwin Way and Tanawha Tourist Drive.
The design layout includes a number of key innovations and refinements to the July 2015 revised layout which were identified during consultation with the community. These key refinements include:
- Provision of a revised southbound exit from the Bruce Highway to Pignata Road. The new exit ramp will meet current design standards and provide a safe and direct access to local businesses and residences, as well as a future connection to development in Palmview
- Reduction of the project footprint on the Beerwah State Forest. The reduction will mean that the impact on the forest will be contained to the east of the Mooloolah Cemetery and will no longer impact environmentally sensitive areas to the west
- Transformation of the existing Caloundra Road interchange into a Diverging Diamond Interchange. This innovative design will minimise the project footprint on Beerwah State Forest, while tackling congestion, enhancing capacity, improving safety, and providing active transport connections
- Removal of the intersection on the Bruce Highway northbound exit ramp to the Sunshine Motorway near Wilson Road. The intersection will be replaced with new free-flowing, grade separated ramps to significantly improve safety for northbound motorists exiting and entering the Bruce Highway
- Inclusion of a new roundabout at the Sunshine Motorway interchange as a secondary access to the western service road for northbound traffic on the Bruce Highway
- Provision of a direct access to the Sippy Downs interchange from the western service road for local traffic
- Retainment of all access ramps between the Sippy Downs interchange and the Sunshine Motorway
- Provision of new active transport infrastructure for cyclists and pedestrians as well as new car pool and bus stop facilities.
Preliminary construction activities are expected to commence in late 2016, followed by major construction in mid-2017. Construction is expected to be completed in late 2020, weather permitting.
TMR Contact details
For further information about the project, please contact the project team:
Phone: 1800 749 022 or 07 5451 7055
Post: Bruce Highway Upgrade Project (CRI to SSMW)
Department of Transport and Main Roads North Coast District
PO Box 1600
Maroochydore Queensland 4558
For more info, visit their website: CLICK HERE
Thank you for your support.
Save Exit 190 Team