In the week commencing Tuesday 28January 2020(weather permitting), northbound Bruce Highway traffic travelling to Glenview, Palmview and the Aussie World precinct will usea temporary exit ramp (Exit 190).
The temporary northbound Exit 190 will be located just south of Glenview Road. Please refer to the map above.
Northbound traffic accessing these areas will no longer exit the highway at the Caloundra Road interchange(at Exit 188).
These traffic changes will allow for the closure of the old northbound highway carriage way so that it can be upgraded to the new western service road.
A combination of day and night works will be undertaken to complete these activities.The project’s working hours are:
- Night works:Sunday to Thursday, 7pm to 5am.
- Day works:Monday to Saturday, 6am to 6pm.
What to expect
Traffic detours and lane closures:
- Prior to the traffic changes,northbound Bruce Highway traffic will bedetoured at night. Details of the traffic detours will be displayed on construction signage.
- Temporary lane closures will also occur to allow for pavement works, signageand guardrailinstallation and line marking.
- Traffic controllers and police willbe present to assist motorists if required. Motorists are advised to follow directional signage and allow extra travel time.
- Priority access through the work zone will be given to emergency vehicles, where possible.
Temporary lighting and audible noise
- Lighting towers will be used to light the area at night. Audible noise from construction activities and heavy machinery can be expected.
It is important to note that these activities are dependent on weather conditions.