From Friday 31 January 2020 (weather permitting), a one way traffic arrangement will be in place on Frizzo Road between the Aussie World southern access and Martin Road in Palmview.
The southbound lane along this section of Frizzo Road will be closed for approximately six months (weather and construction conditions permitting) to allow for construction of the new western service road. The northbound lane will remain open.
Please refer to the map above.
What to expect
Southbound Bruce Highway access from Martin Road:
- A diversion route is available via the Bruce Highway northbound, Exit 194 to the Sunshine Motorway and the Sippy Downs interchange.
- Southbound motorists wishing to access the highway from Martin Road may also choose alternative routes via the local road network.
Southbound Bruce Highway access from Aussie World:
- Southbound motorists wishing to access the highway from the Aussie World car park can use the southern access to Frizzo Road near Aussie World Garage.
Northbound Bruce Highway access from Aussie World:
- Northbound access to the Bruce Highway will remain unchanged.
Removal of on-street parking on Frizzo Road:
- For the safety of motorists and construction workers, it will be necessary to remove on-street parking along this section of Frizzo Road.
- Motorists are asked to please ensure all vehicles are removed from the kerbside prior to 5am Thursday 30 January 2020
Temporary lighting and audible noise:
- Lighting towers will be used at night. Audible noise from construction activities and heavy machinery can be expected.
Both day and night works will be required to complete western service road works.
The project’s working hours are:
- Night works: Sunday to Thursday, 7pm to 5am
- Day works: Monday to Saturday, 6am to 6pm.
It is important to note that these activities are dependent on weather conditions.