The Bruce Highway Upgrade – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway (CR2SM) is progressing well. A number of traffic changes are occurring on major and local roads to facilitate ongoing construction works.
From Wednesday 6 November 2019 (weather permitting), the road connecting Frizzo Road and Pignata Road under the Bruce Highway in Palmview, will be temporarily closed at night between 7pm and 5am, Sunday to Thursday.
The nightly closures will be in place for approximately one week (weather permitting). The traffic changes will allow for roadside barrier relocations and bridge demolition works to be carried out on the old southbound Bruce Highway carriageway.
What to expect
• Traffic travelling from Frizzo Road to Pignata Road (eastbound) will be detoured via the Bruce Highway northbound, Exit 194 to the Sunshine Motorway, the Sippy Downs interchange, Sunshine Motorway westbound and Bruce Highway southbound to Exit 190 in Palmview.
• Traffic travelling from Pignata Road to Frizzo Road (westbound) will be detoured via the Bruce Highway southbound, Exit 188B to Steve Irwin Way, the highway northbound entry ramp and Exit 190 in Palmview.
• Traffic controllers and police will be present to assist motorists if required.
• Motorists are advised to follow directional signage and allow extra travel time.
• Where possible, priority access through the work zone will be given to emergency vehicles.
Temporary lighting and audible noise
• Lighting towers will be used at night.
• Audible noise from construction activities and heavy machinery can be expected.
Night works will be required to complete the roadside barrier relocations and bridge demolition works.
The project’s working hours are:
• Night works: Sunday to Thursday, 7pm to 5am.
• Day works: Monday to Saturday, 6am to 6pm.
It is important to note that these activities are dependent on weather conditions.