The Bruce Highway Upgrade – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway (CR2SM) is progressing well. A number of traffic changes are occurring on major and local roads to facilitate ongoing construction works.
From Friday 13 December 2019 (weather permitting), northbound Bruce Highway traffic will be temporarily diverted onto a new section of highway adjacent to the existing southbound lanes in Palmview.
Northbound access from the highway will also change for Palmview and Glenview residents and businesses as well as Aussie World patrons. These access changes will be in place for approximately six weeks, weather permitting. After this time, a temporary exit ramp will be provided to Frizzo Road from the new Bruce Highway carriageway at Glenview. Further details will be provided to the local community in due course.
These traffic changes will allow for the old northbound highway carriageway to be upgraded to the new western service road in this area.
Please refer to the map above.
What to expect
Northbound access to Palmview, Glenview and the Aussie World precinct:
• Northbound motorists accessing Palmview, Glenview and the Aussie World precinct will take the Bruce Highway Exit 188, and turn right at the traffic signals on Steve Irwin Way (near the Mooloolah Cemetery) to access the old highway entry ramp.
• Motorists will then use the old northbound highway carriageway and Exit 190 to access Frizzo Road.
Northbound Bruce Highway access from Caloundra and Landsborough:
• Northbound motorists entering the Bruce Highway from Caloundra and Landsborough will use the traffic signals on Steve Irwin Way (near the Mooloolah Cemetery) to access the old northbound highway entry ramp.
• Motorists will then turn right onto a temporary entry ramp to access the new Bruce Highway carriageway.
Northbound Bruce Highway travel:
• Northbound motorists on the Bruce Highway will be diverted onto the new section of highway after Caloundra Road. Traffic will then be diverted back to the current highway alignment after Aussie World.
Temporary lighting and audible noise
• Lighting towers will be used to light the area at night. Audible noise from construction activities and heavy machinery can be expected.
Traffic detours and lane closures:
• Prior to the traffic changes, northbound Bruce Highway traffic will be detoured at night. Details of the traffic detours will be displayed on construction signage.
• Temporary lane closures will also occur to allow for pavement works, signage and guardrail installation and line marking.
• Traffic controllers and police will be present to assist motorists if required. Motorists are advised to follow directional signage and allow extra travel time.
• Refer to QldTraffic for further details.