The Bruce Highway Upgrade – Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway project is progressing well, with a number of traffic switches occurring on major and local roads to facilitate ongoing construction works.
From the night of 13 March 2019, weather permitting, the current southbound Exit 190 from the Bruce Highway to Pignata Road will be closed and replaced with the new exit located approximately 400 metres to the south near the new car pool facility.
This will allow for construction work to commence on the three new lanes of the southbound carriageway.
Both day and night works will be required to complete these works. The project’s working hours are:
- Night works: Sunday to Thursday, 7pm to 5am.
- Day works: Monday to Saturday, 6am to 6pm.
It is important to note that these activities are dependent on weather conditions.
What to expect
Changed traffic conditions on the Bruce Highway southbound:
- Exit 190 will be realigned about 400m south of the existing location.
- Minor traffic changes will be in place on the night of 13 March to facilitate the opening.
- Lighting towers will be used to light the new area at night.
- The existing speed limit of 60 kilometres per hour will be maintained through the exit ramp.
- Local businesses and residents have been advised of the upcoming changes.
Final design access changes to the Bruce Highway: As part of the final design for the upgrade, access to the Bruce Highway from the southern end of Pignata Road will eventually be closed. This closure is scheduled to take place late in the construction program. Please note that provision has been made for access to the highway during emergencies.